UALR 1402: General Chemistry I
Hypothes.is Tag= s2020c1402c2
Note: Any annotation tagged s2020c1402c2 on any open access page on the web will show at the bottom of this page.
You need to log in to https://web.hypothes.is/ to see annotations to the group 1402_Summer_2020
- 2.1: Atoms: Their Composition and Structure
- This section describes the structure of the atom and summarizes atomic theory.
- 2.2: Isotopes: Atomic Number and Atomic Mass Unit
- Introduce atomic and mass numbers, define isotopes, atomic mass units and conversions between amu's and grams.
- 2.3: Isotope Abundance and Atomic Weight
- Isotopes are atoms of the same element and this section goes over the distribution of isotopes over samples, and how that can vary from sample to sample.
- 2.4: The Periodic Table
- The periodic table has been around for 150 years and is still evolving. This section goes over the fundamentals of the periodic table.
- 2.5: Chemical Compounds
- This section introduces two basic constructs of chemical bonds, ionic and covalent
- 2.6: Ionic Compounds and Formulas
- An introduction to ionic compounds and formula based on the principle of charge neutrality.
- 2.7: Nomenclature
- Chemical nomenclature of ionic compounds, simple covalent compounds and acids.
- 2.8: Atoms and the Mole
- Introduction to the concept of the mole, and molar mass
- 2.9: Calculations Determining the Mass, Moles and Number of Particles
- mass to mole and mole to mass calculations
- 2.10: Percent Composition
- Calculation and comparison of mass percent composition and mole fraction for chemical compounds.