All worksheet assignments should be printed out and completed by hand. These assignments are due at the start of each class meeting.
- 0: Pre-semester warm-up
- 1: Periodic Trends Worksheet (advanced)
- 2: Introduction to Metal-Ligand Interactions
- 3.1: Metal-Ligand Interactions
- 3.2: MO Theory
- 4.1: Introduction to Ligand Field Theory and Crystal Field Theory
- 4.2: Octahedral d-orbital splitting and the effect of the metal ion
- 6.1: Octahedral d-orbital splitting and the effect of the ligand
- 6.2: Summary of Octahedral LFT / LFT of 4-coordinate complexes
- 7.1: Other Geometries (particularly 4-coordinate)
- 7.2: Stability and Lability
- 8.1: Electronic and Magnetic Properties
- 8.2: Redox and electron transfer
How to print Worksheets
After you open one of the assignments above, complete the following steps:
- Click on the PDF icon.
- Choose "Letter".
This will open a new tab with a PDF document.
- Open the new tab with the PDF document. Download and/or print the compiled PDF.
The steps for printing PDF's depend on your operating system and the internet browser you are using. If you're not sure how to use your internet browser, a quick googl search can give you instructions for doing so.