Chapter 2: Atomic Structure
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- To learn about the electronic structure of atoms.
Chemistry, the interaction of atoms and molecules with each other, is principally governed by the electrons which are bound most weakly to the nucleus. In this chapter we learn about the electronic structure of atoms and how this is related to the properties of the atoms.
- Chapter 2.1: Waves and Electromagnetic Radiation
- Chapter 2.2: Quantization of Energy
- Chapter 2.3: Atomic Spectra and Models of the Atom
- Chapter 2.4: Wave - Particle Duality
- Chapter 2.5: Atomic Orbitals and Their Energies
- Chapter 2.6: Building Up The Periodic Table
- Chapter 2.7: Electronic Structure of the Transition Metals
- Chapter 2.8: End of Chapter Material