This text is designed for CHE151 - General Chemistry I. For many students, this course provides the foundation to a career in chemistry, while for others, this may be their only college-level science course. As such, this textbook provides an important opportunity for students to learn the core concepts of chemistry and understand how those concepts apply to their lives and the world around them. The text has been developed to meet the scope and sequence of most general chemistry courses.
- Front Matter
- 1: Essential Ideas of Chemistry
- 2: Atoms, Molecules, and Ions
- 3: Electronic Structure and Periodic Properties
- 4: Chemical Bonding and Molecular Geometry
- 5: Advanced Theories of Covalent Bonding
- 6: Composition of Substances and Solutions
- 7: Stoichiometry of Chemical Reactions
- 8: Gases
- 9: Thermochemistry
- 10: Liquids and Solids
- 11: Solutions and Colloids
- 12: Appendices
- Back Matter
Paul Flowers (University of North Carolina - Pembroke), Klaus Theopold (University of Delaware) and Richard Langley (Stephen F. Austin State University) with contributing authors. Textbook content produced by OpenStax College is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 license. Download for free at http://cnx.org/contents/85abf193-2bd...email@example.com).