Unit 5 Objectives
By the end of this unit, you will be able to:
- Derive chemical equations from narrative descriptions of chemical reactions.
- Write and balance chemical equations
- Explain the concept of stoichiometry as it pertains to chemical reactions
- Use balanced chemical equations to derive stoichiometric factors relating amounts of reactants and products
- Perform stoichiometric calculations involving mass and moles
- Explain the concepts of theoretical yield and limiting reactants/reagents.
- Derive the theoretical yield for a reaction under specified conditions.
- Calculate the percent yield for a reaction.