Skip to main content
Chemistry LibreTexts

Uronic Acid

  • Page ID
  • The compound obtained by replacing the hydroxymethyl group (CH2OH) in the molecule of an aldose with a carboxylic acid group is called a uronic acid.


    see also aldonic acid, aldaric acid, alditol

    Contributors and Attributions

    • Was this article helpful?