Skip to main content
Chemistry LibreTexts

Aldaric Acid

  • Page ID
  • The compound obtained by replacing both the aldehyde group and the hydroxymethyl group (CH2OH) in the molecule of the open-chain form of an aldose with carboxylic acid groups is called an alderic acid.


    Contributors and Attributions

    • Was this article helpful?