- isomerase v) reorganize atoms from one isomer into another
- hydrolase vii) add water into a molecule, helping to break it down
- oxygenase i) add oxygen from O2 into a molecule
- dioxygenase ii) add both oxygens from O2 into a molecule
- reductase iv) reduce or add electrons to the substrate
- transferase ix) transfer a functional group to or from a molecule
- phosphatase vi) cleave a phosphate group off a protein
- oxidase iii) oxidize or remove electrons from the substrate
i) ligase viii) cause two molecules to be bound together
Aspartic acid (abbreviations Asp or D) and glutamic acid (abbreviations Glu or E).
Histidine (abbreviations His or H), lysine (abbreviations Lys or K) and arginine (abbreviations Arg or R).