- 50 mL volumetric flasks – 2 per bench
- 5 stopwatches
- 1 L 0.02 M Br2 in water
- 1 L Acetone
- 1 L 4M HCl
Instructions for making chemicals:
- Dissolve 3.2 grams of Br2 in 1 L of water. Do in the hood and use goggles and gloves.
- Allow to stir overnight.
- Bottle and refrigerate in the morning.
Waste bottles needed.
- Bromine – Corrosion – Skin corrosion/burns; Corrosion – eye damage; Environmental – aquatic toxicity; Skull and crossbones – acute toxicity
- Acetone – Flame – flammable; Exclamation point – skin or eye irritant; Exclamation point – may cause drowsiness or dizziness
- Hydrochloric Acid - Corrosion – corrosive to metals; Corrosion – skin corrosion/burns, Corrosion – eye damage; Exclamation point – respiratory tract irritant