Texts are available for exporting via two processes on the LibreTexts platform: Compiling and Batching.
While most users access the content on the LibreTexts directly via our web interface, other mechanisms for dissemination exist as discussed in Chapter 8 of the Construction Guide.
Since compiling is a both a time consuming and CPU consuming activity, to reduce server load, only specific users have access to force compiling in real time. Contact the development team (email@example.com) to request this permission.
Initial step: "Compile"
Subsequent step: "Compile Full"
Once the text has been compiled, then a new blue "Download" buttons appear on the top right of the book.
Resources on the LibreTexts platform are considered dynamic and constantly being edited as they are curated or updated. To ensure readers have access to the up to date version of the resources, automatic weekly batch jobs are implemented on each library.
- biology: Saturday @ 0:30
- business: Saturday @12:30
- chemistry: Sunday @ 0:30
- engineering: Sunday @12:30
- espanol: Monday @ 0:30
- geosciences: Monday @12:30
- humanities: Tuesday @ 0:30
- law: Tuesday @12:30 (not implemented yet)
- mathematics: Wednesday @ 0:30
- medicine: Wednesday @12:30
- physics: Thursday @ 0:30
- social sciences: Thursday @12:30
- statistics: Friday @ 0:30
- workforce: Friday @12:30