Work in groups on these problems. You should try to answer the questions without referring to your textbook. If you get stuck, try asking another group for help.
1. Write 1) the complete electronic configuration, 2) the abbreviated electronic configuration and 3) tell the number of valence electrons for each of the following:
2. Draw the complete energy level diagram for Mo and describe its magnetic properties.
3. Describe a possible set of quantum numbers for the 6th, 22nd, 44th and 80th electrons in mercury.
4. Classify each of the following elements (based on their electronic configuration).
|As -||Ru -|
|Cu -||Cm -|
5. Determine the electronic configuration and draw the expected orbital for each of the following sets of quantum numbers.