Work in groups on these problems. You should try to answer the questions without referring to your textbook. If you get stuck, try asking another group for help.
1. Complete the equilibrium and write the Ksp expression for each of the following:
|a)||AgCl (s)||Ag+ (aq) + Cl- (aq)||Ksp = [Ag+][Cl-]|
|b)||Ag2CO3 (s)||2 Ag+ (aq) + CO32- (aq)||Ksp = [Ag+]2[CO32-]|
|c)||Sr3(PO4)2 (s)||3 Sr+2(aq) + 2 PO43-(aq)||Ksp = [Sr+2]3[PO43-]2|
2. Given the Ksp = 3.0 x 10-14 for MnS, determine if a precipitate will occur from mixing 0.8 L of 0.002 M Na2S solution with 0.5 L 0.012 M Mn(NO3)2 solution.
3.Determine the molar solubility of CuS. Ksp = 6.0 x 10-37
4. Determine the Ksp for PbI2 if the molar solubility is 1.52 x 10-3 M.
5. Calculate the solubility (g/L) of AgI in 0.06 M AgNO3. Ksp = 8.3 x 10-17
6. Tell if the following compounds are soluble (S) or insoluble (I)
Al(OH)3 ___I____ CuNO3 __S_____ (NH4)3PO4 ___S____
CdS ___I____ AgI ___I____