- Where possible, there should be universal adoption of SI units and formatting. To a large extent SI formatting has already been adopted by the contributors to LibreTexts. I note a few exceptions below.
- The energy of activation is preferably abbreviated as Ea, not Ea.
- Spaces should be inserted in long numbers, for example, 34 500 J/mol is preferred to 34500 J/mol.
- Spaces should be included between numbers and units. For example, 273 K is preferred to 273K.
- Use the degree symbol when describing degrees Celsius. For example, 25 ⁰C is preferred to 25 C.
- Where ‘sec’ is used, change to ‘s’.