WHAT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED THIS TOPIC:
- Write and balance chemical equations involving pure elements and compounds.
- Find empirical and molecular formulas and molar masses of compounds from analytical data, and use molecular formulas to determine percent composition.
- Use combustion analysis to determine the empirical formula of an organic compound.
- Use stoichiometric relationships to determine limiting reactants, masses of reactants and products, and percent yield, given appropriate data.
- Determine the composition of a mixture of substances, given appropriate analytical data.
- Know the names and formulas of common inorganic compounds.