- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C6H14
- Molar mass: 86.175
- CAS Registry Number: 107-83-5
- Appearance: Hexanes, mixed isomers, Environmental Grade; 2-Methylpentane, 99+%; Hexanes, mixed isomers, Environmental Grade; 2-Methylpentane, 99+%; colourless liquid
- Melting point: -154 °C
- Boiling point: 59 to 60 °C
- Solubility: Water, 14 mg/L (25 deg C)
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: ChemSpider (IR), NMRShiftDB 13C NMR, Massbank MS (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6), also check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
2-Methylpentane, trivially known as isohexane, is a branched-chain alkane with the molecular formula C6H14. It is a structural isomer of hexane composed of a methyl group bonded to the second carbon atom in a pentane chain.
2-Methylpentane (IUPAC Name); 2-methyl-pentane; isohexane