- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: H2KO4P
- Molar mass: 136.086
- CAS Registry Number: Not available
- Appearance: Potassium dihydrogen phosphate, 98+%; Potassium dihydrogen phosphate, ACS, 99.0% min; Potassium dihydrogen phosphate, Puratronic®, 99.999% (metals basis), Si 10ppm max; Potassium dihydrogen phosphate, 98+%; Potassium dihydrogen phosphate, ACS, 99.0% min; Potassium dihydrogen phosphate, Puratronic®, 99.999% (metals basis), Si 10ppm max; odourless white crystals or powder
- Melting point: 252.6 °C
- Boiling point: Not available
- Solubility: Slightly soluble in water. Insoluble in alcohol
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: Check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Monopotassium phosphate, MKP, (also potassium dihydrogenphosphate, KDP, or monobasic potassium phosphate), KH2PO4, is a soluble salt of potassium and the dihydrogen phosphate ion which is used as a fertilizer, a food additive and a fungicide. It is a source of phosphorus and potassium. It is also a buffering agent. When used in fertilizer mixtures with urea and ammonium phosphates, it minimizes escape of ammonia by keeping the pH at a relatively low level.
Potassium dihydrogen phosphate (IUPAC Name); Monopotassium dihydrogen phosphate; Monopotassium monophosphate; Monopotassium orthophosphate; Phosphoric acid monopotassium salt; Potassium salt phosphoric acid; potassium dihydrogen-phosphate; Potassium diphosphate; Potassium orthophosphate