Here are a few essential questions we'll consider in this session:
- Why and how does reading change my thinking?
- Why do readers make sense of texts in different ways?
- How does a text affect my perspectives? How do my perspectives influence my understanding of a text?
- What was the author trying to make us feel, see, and believe?
- How does note-taking help me summarize and synthesize the message or theme of literary work(s)?
- How do authors create the aesthetics of a literary work? How does the aesthetics of a literary work affect the meaning of the text?
Welcome to Unit 3 Session 1. This unit is all about drama. We’ll be exploring plays and the world of acting. This unit will start with a study of Shakespeare’s Hamlet.
It's helpful to gather quite a bit of background about Hamlet to improve your comprehension and enjoyment of the play, so this first day is devoted to exploring terminology, characters, plot, and the nature of tragedy.