Welcome to Unit 2 Session 2. In our last session, we explored how critical theories can give us different ways to read literature. In this session, we'll look at another critical theory, gender theory.
Here are a few essential questions we'll consider in this session:
- Why do readers make sense of texts in different ways?
- How does constructing a generalization affect my thinking? What and why do I need to generalize in order to draw a sound conclusion?
- What clues has the author provided about his/her viewpoint?
- Why is it worthwhile to deliberate over the domain-specific language used in a text?
- How do I know when I have done enough to prepare for whole group discussion?