This is your first "test" for the quarter. Now that you have filled out the chart and read through "Bill" a couple times, you will write about the story.
Use the chart you completed in the previous lesson to help you with your writing! Be sure to use the PEA method in your response. Remember to have a point (claim), support it with evidence, and the analyze the evidence (or provide warrant).
Respond to the following prompt:
Write a constructed response (aka an essay) that analyzes the conflict the main character faces and evaluates the motivations for their actions. Be sure to support your position with evidence from the text.
- Your paper should be in MLA format. (See the Resource folder to refresh your memory)
- You will be graded on the class rubric. I have attached that below for reference.
- Make sure you have a point, evidence, and analysis. (Claim, evidence, warrant)
- Your evidence must come from the text of "Bill."
- Be sure to point out specific conflict (Ie. man vs man, man vs self, man vs nature, man vs society, man vs fate)
- 3-5 paragraphs in length.