Use the simulations below to answer each set of questions.
- Explain how the motion of Earth causes night and day.
- How does the position of the Sun in the sky affect the intensity of sunlight striking Earth's surface?
- How would you explain why North America is warmer in June and colder in December?
- Why is it winter in the Southern Hemisphere when it is summer in the Northern Hemisphere?
- What are the seasons like where you live? How are seasons different in other parts of the world?
- Sheila says "The seasons are caused by the distance from the sun". How do you respond to her?