|Read about the Big Bang
- What are some possible ends to the universe? What determines each possible end?
- Describe Cosmic Background Radiation and why it is important.
- Describe inflation and why it is important.
- Describe dark energy and why it is important.
|Examine the infographic
- What has occured since the Big Bang?
- How long ago was the Big Bang?
- How old was the universe when the first stars appeared?
|Watch the video
- What were the first particles to form?
- What role does energy play in the beginning of the universe?
- When were protons and neutrons formed?
- What were the first elements to form? How old was the universe when this happened?
- What caused the universe to be transparent and dark?
- What eventually formed at the densest locations?
- How did the first heavy elements form?
- How did heavier elements get dispersed throughout the universe?
- Create a timeline of the universe, based on the contents of this video.