This simple activity will let you experience a negative feedback loop.
Materials - hardover book that is 6" x 9"
- Balance the book on your head
- Walk 10 feet forward and backward
- do this once with your eyes open
- repeat with your eyes closed
- Describe the negative feedback loop that helped keep the book balanced on your head. How did closing your eyes affect your ability to balance the book?
- Think of another example of a negative feedback loop that you might observe in your everyday life. Explain how you think this loop works.