Please consult with your supervisor about the content and format of the laboratory report.
Questions for discussion –
- How close are your kf values to those of the literature? If your results deviate by more than 10% from the literature value, can you offer explanation for the deviations?
- Did your Epa and Epc values vary as a function of scan rate? If yes, what reasons can you offer to explain these variations?
- Show plot of Ipa vs. square root of scan rate for DA in the acidic solution. From the slope of the plot, calculate the value of the diffusion coefficient. [Hint: the calculated value should like between 0.5 and 1.0 x 10-5 cm2/s.]
- Report the average Eº’ value for dopamine and norepinephrine.
- Why is the kinetic rate of the follow-up chemical reaction pH dependent?