- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C6H14O
- Molar mass: 102.175
- CAS Registry Number: 97-95-0
- Appearance: 2-Ethyl-1-butanol, 99%; 2-Ethyl-1-butanol, 99%
- Melting point: -52 to -15
- Boiling point: 146 to 148
- Solubility: Water, 4000 mg/L (25 deg C)
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: ChemSpider (IR, 13C NMR), NMRShiftDB 13C NMR, Massbank MS (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6), also check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
2-Ethyl-1-butanol (IUPAC name: 2-ethylbutan-1-ol) is an organic chemical compound. It can be used to facilitate the separation of ethanol from water, which form an azeotrope that otherwise limits the maximum ethanol concentration.
2-Ethyl-1-butanol (IUPAC Name); 2-ethylbutan-1-ol