- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C4H10O3
- Molar mass: 106.120
- CAS Registry Number: 111-46-6
- Appearance: Diethylene glycol, 99%; Diethylene glycol, 99%
- Melting point: -10.4 to -10
- Boiling point: 245 to 246
- Solubility: Water, 1e+006 mg/L (25 deg C)
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: ChemSpider (IR), NMRShiftDB 13C NMR, Massbank MS (1, 2, 3, 4), also check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Diethylene glycol (DEG) is an organic compound with the formula (HOCH2CH2)2O. It is a colorless, practically odorless, poisonous, and hygroscopic liquid with a sweetish taste. It is miscible in water, alcohol, ether, acetone, and ethylene glycol. It can be a contaminant in consumer products; this has resulted in numerous epidemics of poisoning since the early 20th century.
2,2'-Oxydiethanol (IUPAC Name); diethyleneglycol; 2,2'-Oxybis-ethanol