- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C3H7O6P
- Molar mass: 170.058
- CAS Registry Number: Not available
- Appearance: Not available
- Melting point: Not available
- Boiling point: Not available
- Solubility: Not available
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: Check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate, also known as triose phosphate or 3-phosphoglyceraldehyde and abbreviated as G3P, GA3P, GADP, GAP, TP, GALP or PGAL, is a chemical compound that occurs as an intermediate in several central metabolic pathways of all organisms. It is a phosphate ester of the 3-carbon sugar glyceraldehyde and has chemical formula C3H7O6P.
The CAS number of glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate is 591-59-3 and that of D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (one of the two optical isomers of the compound and the one most often occurring in living organisms) is 591-57-1.
(2R)-2-Hydroxy-3-oxopropyl dihydrogen phosphate (IUPAC Name); glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate; (2R)-2-hydroxy-3-(phosphonooxy)-propanal