1. Balance each of the following chemical equations:
- Mg(s) + HCl(aq) → MgCl2(aq) + H2(g)
- NH4NO3(s) → N2(g) + O2(g) + H2O(l)
2. Write balanced chemical equations for the following chemical reactions:
- the reaction between sodium and nitrogen gas (N2) to form sodium nitride.
- the reaction between oxygen gas and nitrogen oxide gas to form nitrogen dioxide gas.
- the reaction for the combustion of ethane gas, C2H6.
- a molecular equation for the reaction between aqueous solutions of aluminum chloride and sodium carbonate.
3. For the reactions in Questions 1 and 2 above, classify each one as one of the following types: double displacement, single replacement, combustion, synthesis, or decomposition.
4. Which of the reactions above are oxidation-reduction reactions?
Which of the reactions above are precipitation reactions?
Which of the reactions above are acid-base reactions?