As you go through these two documents, take notes to address the questions below. You will be answering the following questions:
1. What did Nixon believe would be the consequences of immediate U.S. withdrawal from Vietnam?
- 2. What specific events did Nixon cite to support his arguments against "precipitate troop withdrawal"?
- 3. What is meant by "Silent Majority"?
- 4. What did John Kerry believe about the alleged threat that North Vietnam posed to the United States?
- 5. What did John Kerry believe were the results of Nixon's policies as spelled out in the 1969 "Silent Majority" speech?
- 6. What did Nixon mean by "Vietnamization," and what did Kerry think of this policy?