Students will know:
Significant people and events in the era.
The causes of the Great Depression.
Response to the Depression
· The battle of ideas to address the economic crisis.
· Differences between the First and Second New Deals.
· Examples of how the Great Depression tested government structures.
· Debates over the success and failure of the New Deal.
· Changes in attitudes about government responsibilities.
· Identify groups and organizations that gained and/or lost progress during the Great Depression.
· The impact of the depression on American society.
· Examples of the social and cultural impact of the Great Depression and the New Deal.
· Examples of how the Great Depression led to global political instability in various countries.
· Economic and political reactions of the US government to address the global crisis.
· The Great Depression defined economic differences between the Democratic and Republican parties.