The majority of your time in this session should be spent in transforming the written draft of your reflective presentation into a multimedia project that you can share with everyone.
Here are the minimum qualifications for the final presentation:
- Presentation is 5-10 minutes long
- Presentation includes at least some images that reinforce the message (and that could be an image of you giving the speech in an expressive way)
- Presentation includes your own voice reading the reflection expressively
- Share your presentation in an easy to access file format (preferably on YouTube or another video sharing site, even if the presentation is private and not accessible to the world, just us)
Consider what tools you'd like to use to create your final project. Here are a few ideas (also shared in last session):
- Make an audio recording of your voice with Audacity. Then use a tool to add images to your presentation. Upload to YouTube to share.
- Modify, revise, and perfect the Storyboard Power Point that you created in our last session and upload it to VoiceThread. Then add narration to each slide in which you share your reflection.
- Create a Prezi with images for your reflective presentation. Then create an audio recording of you sharing your story (using Audacity or another tool) to use as “background music” while the Prezi displays.
- Use Screencast-o-Matic to record your screen and you talking (even on the webcam!) while you share a PowerPoint, Prezi, or images.
- Use Google+ to record yourself sharing your story from a webcam.
- Record your story using Audacity. Then use Animoto to create accompanying images.
- Any other tool that meets the minimum requirements above.
Proceed to the discussion board on the next page to let the class know which tool you'd like to use and post any questions you may have. Then get started!