Welcome to Unit 7 Session 2!
In this session we’ll continue our study of literary non-fiction, taking notes while reading to aid our understanding of the text and also thinking critically about the author of our book and how their backgrounds impact the story.
Here are a few essential questions we'll consider this week:
- How do I know when I’ve read “well enough”?
- How does the way I gather information influence the way I present information?
- How do I determine what information to retain, remove, combine and restate when note-taking?
- How does note-taking help me summarize and synthesize the message or theme of literary non-fiction?
- What are my options for stretching, compressing, and focusing my interpretations of an author’s message or theme? Is one option better than the others? Why or why not?
- What clues has the author provided about his/her viewpoint?
Click to the next page to begin.