Welcome to Unit 6 Session 5! This is the last session of our Writing Like a Researcher Unit. You’ll wrap up your research paper and learn some new strategies for polishing your writing.
Here are some essential questions we’ll consider in this session:
- How do I unpack the context of a task to make decisions about my writing processes?
- How do my research processes support and sustain the planning, drafting, and refinement of my writing?
- Which rhetorical device might I use to make my writing more visible, audible, and imaginable? Why should I use this rhetorical device over another?
- Why is it worthwhile to deliberate over the language I use to craft my own writing? What guides my language selection?
- When should issues of correctness and registers of English impose restrictions or grant freedom for my writing?
Click to the next page to begin.