Think about what you have learned about writing
- What was your primary purpose in this writing piece? Why did you choose this critical lens?
- In the end, what did you “uncover”? Were the results similar to or different from what you anticipated/hypothesized?
- Describe the research/writing process. What went well? What was difficult? How was the research/writing process similar and different to research/writing processes you’ve done in the past?
- How were the mentor texts useful to you in your writing process?
- What did you learn about Critical Lens essay? How would you prepare differently in the future?
Also think about what you learned through reading your book.
- Which characters seemed most compelling? Why?
- What lessons can you learn from the characters, setting, plot, or theme?
- What might our society learn? How does this book serve as a warning?
Lastly, share anything else you learned whether school related or "life" related. Share anything you feel that I should know.
Submit the link to your journal on the next page.