You will choose one of the short stories we have already read. They are attached below. You will then use it to complete ONE of the following choices:
Create a PowerPoint presentation in which you discuss how at least one of the literary techniques we have discussed affects the meaning of the story.
- Complete sentences with correct spelling and grammar.
- A minimum of 8 slides.
- A minimum of 600 words. These should be spread throughout the entire presentation.
- A minimum of 4 images.
- You must discuss at least one of the following literary techniques (Note: You may do more than one if you would like):
1. Figurative Language (metaphor, simile, personification, hyperbole, onomatopoeia , alliteration)
2. Plot Twist
- You can pick more than one technique to discuss if you would like in order to meet the slide requirements.
- If you do not discuss how the technique or techniques affects the meaning of one of the short stories we read in class, you will not get above a PP-.
Create a picture or collage that represents one of the literary techniques in one of the short stories we have read in class and write a 300 word description that explains your picture. If you choose this option, you must either turn in your picture to me if you draw it by hand or use a picture software to create your image digitally.
For example, if we had read The Lion King, I would draw the scene with Scar getting ready to throw Simba off the cliff and then Simba thinking of his dad in a bubble to represent flashback. I would then include the description with it.
- An original picture or collage that clearly represents one of the literary technique in the chosen short story from class.
- A 300 word minimum description along with it.
- Description contains proper spelling and grammar, complete sentences, and is in MLA format.
- Only the picture with no description attached will not receive above a PP-.