|Work through the trace fossil activity
- What are three possible areas of this environment that can create a fossil of the dead beast?
- Why are trace fossils more common than body fossils?
- List 5 types of trace fossils.
- Describe coprolites.
- How do trace fossils tell paleontologists about ancient environments?
- Under Who Dunnit?, click on Search by Critter. Find the world's smallest footprint of a dinosaur. Why were the prints so small?
- For the dinosaur in the last question, how could they tell the dinosaur was small?