Below are some of the most well known observatories. Choose one as a focus for this project:
|Very Large Array||Radio|
|Cosmic Background Explorer||Microwave|
Research your obeservatory. Some sites to get your started are here:
- NASA's Great Observatories
- The page in this session called Observatories Across the Electromagnetic Spectrum
Create a presentation in Prezi or Google Slides. Your presentation should include the following information:
- Type of wave (light) your observatory can see. Include a picture of the electromagnetic spectrum with your wavelength highlighted, circled or otherwise pointed out.
- Date of launch and expected end date.
- Information how we use this wavelength on earth, perhaps in our daily lives.
- At least 5 major discoveries that your space observatory has made.
- At least 3 reasons why your space observatory is unique.
- Pictures! We want to see your space observatory and some of the pictures it has generated.
- Sources and credits: if you used pictures from the Internet, provide the web address
Share the public link with your teacher by pasting it in the dropbox.