So, most people seem to be getting the hang of this whole "Scratch" thing. If you need a quick refresher go ahead and look through the basic tutorial videos on this page:
But I'm assuming you're good to go. What I want you to do for our first project this week is to go to the Help Videos page, watch the video on making a simple game (called Make a Simple Game) and try to do something just like it. Your final game can be a little different, but I want:
- One sprite controlled by the user (you can make your own, choose something different, etc)
- At least one "bad guy" or enemy sprite that you have to avoid
- A goal that the user must get to
- If the user runs into the bad guy, the game starts over (with or without the green flag, either way)
- If you want to add extra stuff (lasers, mazes, etc), go ahead!
Objective: Follow the "Make a Simple Game" steps and post the published URL to the Discussion Board.
- Watch "Make a Simple Game"
- Create your game (see the list above for the expectations)
- Test your game
- Publish your game
- Post the link in the Discussion Board