Sometimes, you might just need to add a little something-something to your website. People like pictures, and I've heard they may even be able to speak a thousand words or so.
Not everything you want is going to be available on the internet, either. Sometimes, you need to make your own product (it's a lot more legal to do that instead of using other people's work, too).
So, without further ado, here is the first in a series of lessons on using Pixlr (http://pixlr.com/) an online graphic design tool that's pretty awesome for being free.
Objective: Use Pixlr's layers to add something from one image to another image.
- Find two images you'd like to combine (one for the background, one for the element you want to add to the background) and save them to your computer
- Go to http://pixlr.com and select "Pixlr Editor"
- Select "Open Image From My Computer" and open both images
- Select the element you want to add with the select tool and copy it
- Go to the background image and paste the element
- Resize / Move / Erase until it's the way you want it to be
- Save the image
- Upload the image to the Discussion Board