Obtaining nutrition and energy from food is a multi-step process. For true animals, the first step is ingestion, the act of taking in food. This is followed by digestion, absorption, and elimination. In the following sections, each of these steps will be discussed in detail.
|Protein digestion is a multistep process that begins in the stomach and continues through the intestines.|
Complete the tasks on the list below:
- Read the following page in the OpenStax textbook
- Digestive System Processes
- Read the entire page
- Watch Digestion of protein, fat and carbohydrate video.
- Use the Glossary at the bottom of the page to help with the vocabulary for this week
- Use the Review Questions and Free Response questions to check for understanding
Download for free at http://email@example.com