A nervous system that functions correctly is a fantastically complex, well-oiled machine—synapses fire appropriately, muscles move when needed, memories are formed and stored, and emotions are well regulated. Unfortunately, each year millions of people in the United States deal with some sort of nervous system disorder. While scientists have discovered potential causes of many of these diseases, and viable treatments for some, ongoing research seeks to find ways to better prevent and treat all of these disorders.
Complete the tasks on the list below:
- Go to this page, http://cnx.org/contents/GFy_h8cu@10.53:wfZkSUV_@5/Nervous-System-Disorders, and read the entire page
- The QR codes on the page that link to the following, be sure to take the time to visit each link below, or use the QR codes on the page.
- The Search for Alzheimer's Causes and Risk Factors
- Autism: The Whys of Increased Prevalence
- Neurologic Exam
- Use the Glossary at the bottom of the page to help with the vocabulary for this week
- Use the Review Questions and Free Response questions to check for understanding
Download for free at http://email@example.com