The most obvious characteristic that sets birds apart from other modern vertebrates is the presence of feathers, which are modified scales. While vertebrates like bats fly without feathers, birds rely on feathers and wings, along with other modifications of body structure and physiology, for flight.
Complete the tasks on the list below:
- Go to this page, http://cnx.org/contents/GFy_h8cu@10.53:FoIoQYRJ@4/Birds, and read the entire page
- Use the Glossary at the bottom of the page to help with the vocabulary for this week
- Use the Review Questions and Free Response questions to check for understanding
- Read Birds, an Introduction on the Biology -Resources page
- On the Project BEAK page, read about the types of Feathers (be sure to visit the dropdown options Feather Parts, and Feather Types), and Wings & Flight (visit the Size & Shape, and Physics of Flight pages)
Download for free at http://email@example.com