Answer the following questions on sponges and cnidarians.
- What is the main function of each of the three types of cells that make up a sponge's body?
- What are the functions of the inner and outer tissue layers in a cnidarian?
- What are the advantages of a gastrovascular cavity to the body functions of a cnidarian?
- How do sponges and cnidarians defend themselves against predators? What is different about the methods used by each?
- Some sponges have the ability to reassemble themselves after they are experimentally broken down into individual cells. What might this suggest about the origin of multicellularity in animals?
Use the Submit button to turn in your completed work.