Use the Ecological Succession page to answer the questions below. Read through the following sections to answer the questions; Introduction, Explanation of Succession, Primary Succession, Secondary Succession, and Summary.
Use the Submit button on the right to turn in your completed work.
- How does this resource define ecological succession?
- Why does succession occur?
- What happens to the other species as the plants in an ecosystem change?
- What happens when large organisms die in a climax community?
- What factors control what actual species are involved in the succession of an area?