Take a look at the Bozeman Science, Cellular Respiration video, https://youtu.be/Gh2P5CmCC0M?list=PL7A750281106CD067 this is a good way to start our summary of the cellular respiration process.
Summary of Cellular Respiration:
- Uses energy in glucose to make ATP
- In glycolysis, glucose is split into two molecules of pyruvate, and 2 ATP are produced
- The Krebs cycle and electron transport occur in the mitochondria.
- During the Krebs cycle pyruvate undergoes reactions that produce 2 more ATP and several molecules of NADH and FADH2
- During electron transport several ATP are made using energy from NADH and FADH2.
- Up to 38 molecules of ATP can be produced from one molecule of glucose.