Instructions for downloading the imsmanifest.xml file
This procedure is used to import a LibreTexts into your Learning Management System (LMS) as a set of links. For Canvas, these links will be added to your modules section.
- Go to the cover page of the LibreTexts you want to import. If you want to import just a chapter, go to the page of the chapter you want to import.
- Click on to download an imsmanifest.xml file.
Instructions for importing into Canvas
- Go to your course in canvas.
- Go to settings on the left side of the course pane.
- Go to on the right side of the course pane.
- Set the Content Type as a Common Cartridge 1.x Package.
- For source, select the imsmanifest.xml file that you downloaded previously
- Select All Content.
- Click Import!
- Wait for the loading bar to finish.
- You content is now available in modules!
Other LMS platforms
D2L, Moodle, and Blackboard also support the imsmanifest.xml file.