I wanted to mention the title format that we have adopted on the LibreTexts for pages. Unless impossible to do, it is desired that each page be formatted like this
- XX is the chapter number
- YY is the section number
- title is the page title
If the title has a colon in it (other than the colon after the chapter.section combo), please convert it to a dash.
Several exceptions to this format include:
- Chapter Summaries: "XX.S: Chapter Title (Summary)"),
- Chapter Exercises: "XX:.E Chapter Title (Exercises)" and
- Section Subpages (avoid if possible), which should be then indicated by adding a letter (alphabetically). e.g., "4.3A: Cats are cute" and "4.3B: Dogs are cute" are both subsections to section/page "4.3: Animals are cute"
This approach preserves the curation and Remixing ability of the pages. It also preserves the automatic equation/figure/table numbering that uses the title of the page.
As an example of this approach, here is a snippet of the organization of a Bio text:
BIS 103: Bioenergetics and Metabolism (Callis)
- 1: Introduction to Metabolism
- 2: Carbohydrates and Catabolism of Carbohydrates
- 3: The Citric Acid Cycle
- 4: Carbohydrate Synthesis