- Summarize the early life of Muhammad and the origins of Islam.
- Analyze the differences and similarities among the three main monotheistic religions.
- Explain the process of spatial diffusion and the various forms it may represent.
- Outline the main divisions of Islam and the approximate percentages of the followers of each division.
- Explain how Islamic fundamentalism influences the debate between a religious state and a secular state
Figure 8.8 The Holy Mosque in Mecca, the Most Holy Site for Muslims
The black rectangular structure in the photo is the Kaaba.