- Summarize the major physical features of the region and explain the role that natural resources play in the economic activities of the people.
- Outline the differences between the mainland of Africa and Madagascar.
- Explain how each country in the region is different from each other with its own unique circumstances.
- Determine how ethnicity has played a role in the political situation of each country.
- Understand apartheid’s effect on South Africa.
Figure 7.49 Southern Africa and Madagascar