A common template used in the LibreTexts is the portfolio template that use used to make a dynamic, all-inclusive and easy to maintain table of contents of all daughter pages. For examples, adding the text
on a page will make up the following 2-by-n organization with each daughter page associated with a thumbnail image.
Figure: Portfolio template with thumbnails for the LibreTexts section
Adding that text is fairly easy, but adding thumbnails is very awkward (currently):
- Step 1: The page must be classified as "Category" and not "Topic" (refresh page if you switch it)
- Step 2: The "page setting" grey bare just above the page title will need to be clicked
- Step 3: The left box should say "Add page thumbnail" and if you hover over it you will see a little blue pencil in its upper right hand corner. Click that.
- Step 4: Now click "Browse" to select the file from your file system.
- Step 5: Once the file is uploaded, then you can change the page back to a "topic" classification.
Images are scaled to a max of 135 pixels wide and 150 pixels high depending on which dimension is greatest in the aspect ratio of the images you upload. Trying to design thumbnail images to those specific dimensions is ideal.