One of the strengths of the Libretexts project is that all pages share similar formatting so it is easy to mix content from different sources. This page contains general formatting rules.
- All section headings should use h1, h2, h3, etc …
- All text should be full justified.
- All number lists should use the CKE list options, this also includes bullets
- erase all indentations
- try to avoid underlines (use bold or italic instead)
- full justify all text (it is automatic, but can be overwritten)
- Format figures
- Make sure all equations are in MathJax, do not import as images
- Where possible, there should be universal adoption of SI units and formatting. To a large extent SI formatting has already been adopted by the contributors to LibreTexts. I note a few exceptions below.
- The energy of activation is preferably abbreviated as Ea, not Ea.
- Spaces should be inserted in long numbers, for example, 34 500 J/mol is preferred to 34500 J/mol.
- Spaces should be included between numbers and units. For example, 273 K is preferred to 273K.
- Use the degree symbol when describing degrees Celsius. For example, 25 ⁰C is preferred to 25 C.
- Where ‘sec’ is used, change to ‘s’.